Adblock Plus is an Edge add-on that makes ads disappear (and has plenty of other useful features, too).
Just install the tool, restart Edge and it'll begin filtering your web pages immediately. Most, if not all of those annoying Flash ads will disappear right away, speeding up your browsing and allowing you to concentrate on the site content.
The program hasn't worked for you? Adblock Plus provides a choice of more than 40 filters, and you can choose the ones that are most effective for you.
There are filters for many languages beyond just English, for instance, from Dutch, French and German, to Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese, and more.
And you can also install filters for many specific purposes: to block ads on adult or P2P websites, to protect you from privacy risks, keep you safe from known malware domains, and even a blacklist for known Rickrolling pages (no, really...).
What's new in 3.8 (see changelog for more)?
- Icon popup: Added ability to whitelist individual pages
- Extract domain from URL when whitelisting a website
- Prevent users from adding filter lists from unsupported URLs
- Refreshed settings page design
- Issue reporter: Added link for reporting other issues
- Removed notification for recommending filter list that hides offending messages
- Updated extension description
- Fixed: Don’t focus first-run page when shown due to data corruption
- Fixed: Keep number of blocked requests in icon popup updated while it’s open
Adblock Plus's Edge edition needs some work, but that's no surprise for such an early edition, and given the developer's track record we're sure any issues will be resolved soon.