ACDSee is a feature-packed and professional graphics package that's designed to help you manage, view, process and share your best digital images.
The program has all the features of its base edition, ACDSee.
Management tools enable you to browse your folders, view images, or search for others by name or whatever metadata tags you need.
A smart viewer includes an Auto EQ feature to optimise exposure, Magnifying Glass and Navigator tools to zoom in on fine detail, while image metadata and histogram are always on hand.
Strong core editing tools include a host of filters, and more than 50 special effects. You're able to customise how these are applied with assorted selection tools, brushes, linear or radial gradients and more.
Images may be saved as individual files, slideshows, videos, HTML albums and more, and uploaded to flickr, SmugMug, Zenfolio, Facebook, or ACDSee's own custom cloud storage service.
ACDSee Ultimate extends all this with an array of professional developing tools. You get lens corrections, brightness and contrast adjustments by tone bands, non-destructive red-eye reduction, a configurable Vibrance tool, even the ability to create HDR-like results from a single image.
Editing features are also much improved. Skin Tuning enhances portrait shots, dehazing cleans up murky images, there are more filters and effects, and - new this time - Adobe Plugin support opens up a whole world of new image tweaking possibilities.
The ability to edit specific colors and tones gives you far more control over what you're doing. If you make a mistake, you can step back in your edit history to some previous point. Or, if you know exactly what you're doing, batch editing allows you to perform the same actions on multiple images.
Other extras include watermarking, selective removal of metadata, multi-monitor support and more.
What's new in 13? See the release notes for information.
- Added name suggestion feature to Face Detection and Facial Recognition tools
- Added the ability to embed ACDSee face data in images, as well as to import embedded ACDSee face data using a dedicated command or the Catalog Files tool
- Produce HDR images
- Produce images with the ideal depth of field with the Focus Stack tool
- Add text as layers, customize font, size, color, style, justification, opacity, and much more
- Resize the canvas to expand around layered content or add solid backgrounds
- Added ability to display rulers and guidelines in Edit mode
- Snap layers to the top, bottom, sides or corners of the canvas
- Add Layer Effects between image and text layers
- Repair imperfections with the Blended Clone tool in Develop mode and Edit mode Repair tool
- Auto-align and auto-blend stacks of images
- Create your own LUTs
- View PDF and Microsoft Office ™ documents
- Cloud Sync Drives available in Folders pane to support Dropbox and OneDrive
- Create up to five Image Baskets
- Video and Suggested Names added as search options in Special Items section of Catalog pane
ACDSee Ultimate's editing features are significantly improved with this release, and with the program's many other professional tools there's very little it can't do.