The Black Friday sales season is coming! These deals are the best available right now, but the coming weeks may bring even better value across a wider range of products.
Nvidia unveiled the GeForce RTX 3000 Series at an event in early September, and it was a big one; not only does the flagship RTX 3080 offer significant gains in performance, but it was also revealed that the budget-friendly option, the RTX 3070, could outperform the ultra-high-end RTX 2080Ti from the previous generation. The RTX 3080 and creator-focused RTX 3090 are still available, and the RTX 3070 is set to be released in the UK very soon.
Following the announcement of a two-week delay to allow Nvidia to address stock issues, here’s everything you need to know about where and when you’ll be able to buy the Nvidia RTX 3070 in the UK.
When will the Nvidia RTX 3070 be released?
The Nvidia RTX 3070 was originally set to be released on 15 October in the UK, but Nvidia has since announced that it’ll now be available on 29 October, two weeks later. Nvidia itself confirmed the delay is related to the lack of stock at the RTX 3080 launch – the company won’t be in a rush to repeat that fiasco anytime soon, so it makes sense to push the release and manufacture more units for fans worldwide.
After all, at £469, the RTX 3070 is cheaper than the £649 RTX 3080 and still more powerful than the RTX 2080Ti, so chances are it’ll be even more in-demand than Nvidia’s flagship and ultra-high-end 30 Series graphics cards.
Looking at the release of the RTX 3080 and 3090, we can assume it’ll kick off at 2pm on 29 October 2020 – although Scan UK’s site currently suggests it could start an hour earlier, at 1pm GMT, to adjust for the UK's timezone switch from BST to GMT on 25 October (thanks for the tip Phil!).
Once we get confirmation from Nvidia, we’ll update this section, so check back soon.
Where can I buy the RTX 3070 in the UK?
As you’re probably aware at this point, you can’t pre-order the Nvidia RTX 3070 in the UK – it's not unique to the 3070 either, with a similar direct-to-sale approach for the release of the RTX 3080 and 3090 too. The only way you’ll be able to get one is if you’re quick enough on launch day, and as we know, stock tends to fly off the shelves within minutes when it comes to Nvidia card releases.
To make things easier, we’ve rounded up all the places you’ll be able to buy the RTX 3070 in the UK in one place:
- Nvidia (From £469) – you'll be able to purchase the Founders Edition of the RTX 3070 directly from Nvidia. You can’t sign up, but you can register for email notifications.
- Overclockers UK (From £499) – OCUK has a variety of RTX 3070 listings from the likes of PNY, Asus, Palit and EVGA currently available on the site. You can’t pre-order or pre-register your interest at OCUK though; you'll have to set a reminder yourself.
- Scan (From £469) – the online retailer currently has 13 listings for various third-party RTX 3070 GPUs. Like Nvidia, you can’t pre-order, but you can pre-register interest to be notified when stock is available.
- Currys PC World (From £500) - the tech retailer currently lists four variants of the RTX 3070 exclusively from Asus, and while that’s not quite as large an offering as other stockists, you can sign up for stock notifications on the retailer’s website.
- Box (£TBC) - Box also has a decent offering when it comes to RTX 3070 listings, with GPUs from retailers including Zotac and MSI. The only issue? There’s no confirmed pricing for any GPUs in the RTX 3070 range just yet.
- eBuyer (£TBC) - eBuyer has a slightly broader collection available, with five listings from Asus and Zotac, with 0% interest offers available too. There isn’t a way to sign up to stock notifications though.