Samsung's flagship devices the Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G went on sale on 21 August, which means you should be able to pick it up from major retailers.
While full sales mean you can no longer pick up pre-order freebies like the Galaxy Buds+, Galaxy Buds Live or the Xbox gaming bundle, you can find excellent deals on the devices.
We’re keeping tabs on where to buy the Galaxy Note 20 phones at the best rate, SIM-free and on contract.
Where to buy the Galaxy Note 20 & Note 20 Ultra SIM-free
You can buy the Galaxy Note 20 phones directly from Samsung and a number of other retailers as pf 21 August:
In the US the Note 20 phones are available from:
Where to buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 & Note 20 Ultra on contract
Best UK contract deals & offers
With the phones set to go on sale on 21 August, you can find the Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra from various network providers in the UK including:
- Get 54GB of data for the price of 6GB
- Get 15% off another product from the Galaxy Note 20 range, like the Galaxy Watch 3 or Galaxy Buds Live
- Up to £280 off when you trade in your old Galaxy Note phone
- Offering 2X data with 48GB data at price fo 24GB, Contracts start from £29 upfront and £67 per month
- Best plan offers 90GB data for £30 upfront, £60.92 per month (36 month contract)
- Up to £100 when you trade in your old phone
- 6 months of Disney+ for free, or choose from Amazon Prime Video, Amazon Music Unlimited, Audible, Calm, or McAfee
- Get 6 months half price on unlimited data plans
- Also offering 4 months of YouTube Premium for free
- Offering 6GB of data at the price of 3GB on Note 20 Ultra
- Contract start at £34 per month (for 1GB data), no upfront cost
Other contract providers include:
Carphone Warehouse has recently launched a deal that offers 9x more data on Vodafone, which means you can get 54GB of data for the price of 6GB.
Best US contract deals & offers
In the US, the Note 20 phones are available from the following carriers, along with Sprint and US Cellular if bought directly from Samsung.
- Currently offering US$1000 off when you trade-in and add an unlimited line or upgrade
- Also get US$50 off the Galaxy Buds Live until 30 September
- Get up to 50% off Note 20 5G or $500 off Note 20 Ultra 5G when you upgrade and trade-in on an Unlimited plan
- Get up to $1000 off a second Note 20 or Galaxy S20 phone on an Unlimited plan
- Get US$1000 off a second Note 20 5G with purchase
Browse the best deals by model and provider below:
Galaxy Note 20 (4G)
Note 20 5G
Note 20 Ultra 5G
How much does the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra cost?
Galaxy Note 20
- Note 20 (4G) - £849 (128GB)
- Note 20 (5G) - £949/US$999.99 (256GB)
Note 20 Ultra 5G
- Note 20 Ultra 5G - £1,179/US$1,249.99 (256GB)
- Note 20 Ultra 5G - £1279/$1,399.99 (512GB)
The Note 20 will be available in Mystic Green, Mystic Bronze, and Mystic Grey, while the Note 20 Ultra 5G will be available in Mystic Bronze, Mystic Black, Mystic White.
Samsung student discount - up to 10% off
Students in the UK and US can benefit from a student discount at Samsung.
In the UK, students will need to register and verify via Unidays to get 10% off while students in the US also get 10% off and up to 30% off phones.
Major improvements in the Galaxy Note 20 range
One of the biggest upgrades in the Note 20 series is on the S Pen, which is both faster and now also works as a navigational tool. The S Pen also expands functionality and will work cross-device with the new Galaxy Tab S7 and Tab S7+ tablets, which launched alongside the Note 20 phones.
The phones also feature a stronger focus on gaming, with added Microsoft Xbox integration. Robust performance, enhanced with 5G and Wi-Fi 6 connectivity, along with AMOLED displays and 120Hz refresh rates (on the Ultra) will allow a more immersive gaming experience – including the ability to play PC and Xbox games directly on the Note 20 phones.
We've outlined the five biggest changes right here. To make sense of the Note 20 specs, check out our Note 20 explainer, which answers all your most pressing questions on the phones.