The Black Friday sales season is here! The best deals are often not on Amazon. The prices shown below are the best available now, though you may need to buy quickly as some deals will sell out.
Samsung's flagship devices the Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G went on sale on 21 August 2020, which meand you can now pick them up from major retailers. Despite how new they are, there are some deals available thanks to Black Friday season.
We’re keeping tabs on where to buy the Galaxy Note 20 phones at the best rate, SIM-free and on contract.
How much does the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra cost?
Galaxy Note 20
- Note 20 (4G) - £849 (128GB)
- Note 20 (5G) - £949/US$999.99 (256GB)
Note 20 Ultra 5G
- Note 20 Ultra 5G - £1,179/US$1,249.99 (256GB)
- Note 20 Ultra 5G - £1279/$1,399.99 (512GB)
The Note 20 is available in Mystic Green, Mystic Bronze, and Mystic Grey, while the Note 20 Ultra 5G is available in Mystic Bronze, Mystic Black, Mystic White.
Where to buy the Galaxy Note 20 & Note 20 Ultra SIM-free
You can buy the Galaxy Note 20 phones directly from Samsung and a number of other retailers:
In the US the Note 20 phones are available from:
Where to buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 & Note 20 Ultra on contract
Best UK contract deals & offers
You can find the Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra from various network providers. Be sure to check whether you're getting the 4G or 5G model. 5G is the next generation of mobile internet, so will help future proof your new phone. However, it isn't available from all networks yet and it will add to the price if you opt for it.
- Best selling plan offers 100GB data, but is a whopping £79 per month. It does have a lower upfront cost of £50, though.
- Its cheapest monthly option is £71 per month, with 10GB data and £100 upfront.
- Cheapest plan offers 5GB data for £30 upfront, £54.92 per month (36 month contract)
- 6 months of Disney+ for free, or choose from Amazon Prime Video, Amazon Music Unlimited, Audible, Calm, or McAfee
- 4G phone only
- Recommended plan is £79 upfront, £51 per month. 4GB data for 24 months.
- Also offering 4 months of YouTube Premium for free
- Plans start from £29 upfront and £69 per month for 24GB data
Other contract providers include:
Best US contract deals & offers
In the US, the Note 20 phones are available from the following carriers:
Browse the best deals by model and provider below:
Galaxy Note 20 (4G)
Note 20 5G
Note 20 Ultra 5G
Samsung student discount - up to 10% off
Students in the UK and US can benefit from a student discount at Samsung.
In the UK, students will need to register and verify via Unidays to get 10% off while students in the US also get 10% off and up to 30% off phones.
Major improvements in the Galaxy Note 20 range
One of the biggest upgrades in the Note 20 series is on the S Pen, which is both faster and now also works as a navigational tool. The S Pen also expands functionality and will work cross-device with the new Galaxy Tab S7 and Tab S7+ tablets, which launched alongside the Note 20 phones.
The phones also feature a stronger focus on gaming, with added Microsoft Xbox integration. Robust performance, enhanced with 5G and Wi-Fi 6 connectivity, along with AMOLED displays and 120Hz refresh rates (on the Ultra) will allow a more immersive gaming experience – including the ability to play PC and Xbox games directly on the Note 20 phones.
We've outlined the five biggest changes right here. To make sense of the Note 20 specs, check out our Note 20 explainer, which answers all your most pressing questions on the phones.
Related stories for further reading
- Best phone deals
- Best SIM-only deals
- All tech deals
- Best phone network
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra review
- All smartphone reviews
- Best smartphones
- Best Android phones
- Best battery life phones
- Best waterproof phones
- Best camera phones
- Best big phones
- Best 5G phones
- Best Samsung phones
- Best new phones coming soon