The OnePlus Nord officially launched at OnePlus's online AR event on 21 July. The aggressively priced 5G devices with enviable specs officially are now on sale, as of 4 August. Here's where you can pick one up at the best price.
We're keeping track of OnePlus Nord pricing, SIM-free offers, and contract deals so you can pick up a stellar discount on the new handsets.
How much does the OnePlus Nord cost?
The OnePlus Nord phones are available at two price-points depending on the configuration you choose. In the UK and Europe, the prices are as follows:
- 128GB storage and 8GB RAM for £379/€399
- 256GB storage and 12GB RAM for £469/€499
Both models are available in Blue Marble or Gray Onyx. The phone will be available across Europe as well. The phones will not be available in the US.
OnePlus heavily undercuts competitors at this pricing by offering premium quality specs well under £500 – undeniably threatening the flagship model of paying upwards of £1,000 for slightly better performance. Read the full review where it received a full five stars.
While you don't get the Snapdragon 865 processor found in phones like the Galaxy S20 range or even OnePlus's own OnePlus 8/8 Pro phones – you get a 765G processor instead – the Nord phones tick off a long list of impressive features, such as a 90Hz AMOLED display, a 48Mp-led quad-camera set-up, a huge 4115mAh battery, and 30W fast charging.
Where to buy the OnePlus Nord SIM-free
From 4 August, you can buy the OnePlus Nord phones SIM-free from OnePlus, John Lewis, or Amazon. Purchases from OnePlus include a free tote bag, as well as discounts on accessories if bought as a bundle.
Before the phones went on general sale, Gearbest had aggressive discounts with £40 off the 128GB option and £74.79 off the 256GB option. While these are now out of stock, we would recommend keeping an eye on Gearbest's pricing, as you can get a hefty discount. The phones ship for free from the Hong Kong warehouse to the UK, and should arrive within 7-25 business days.
OnePlus Nord trade-in discounts
You can also save on the OnePlus Nord phone when you trade in your existing phone. If you're already a OnePlus owner, you can receive up to £270 off if you trade in an unlocked OnePlus 7T Pro (256GB), while even old models like the OnePlus 1 gets up to £10 off.
OnePlus accepts phones from other manufacturers too including Apple, Samsung, Huawei, Sony, Nokia, and Xiaomi.
How to trade-in with OnePlus
You can find OnePlus's trade-in option on the Nord landing page.
- Get an estimate: Select your phone make and model and answer a few questions about its condition. OnePlus will generate an estimated value for you which typically lasts about 21 days.
- Print shipping label: If you go ahead with the trade-in you'll receive an email confirmation with a pre-paid shipping label.
- Send your device: Factory reset your old device before packing and sending it to OnePlus. Once OnePlus receives your device, you'll get a notification with an updated value of the device (which could be higher or lower than the estimate)
- Get cashback: If you accept the new valuation of your phone you can get cashback within 2-3 days. If you reject the valuation, OnePlus will send your device back to you.
OnePlus student discount - up 10% off
OnePlus offers discounts on any orders to students over the age of 18 and staff members. This includes 10% off gear and accessories and 5% off devices – which means you could pick up the Nord for as low as £360. The discount is valid for a year.
If you're a student check out our Back to School hub for the best buying advice and tech deals.
Where to buy the OnePlus Nord on contract
Three will be the exclusive retailer carrying OnePlus Nord phones on contract. While the carrier hasn't offered any previews on its plans or set up a landing page for the Nord's arrival, we expect to start seeing contracts roll in from 4 August. Stay tuned for more updates!