Posted by Chris Martin 04 July 2013
Pure enters in-car tech market with Highway stereos
Pure has decide to branch out into the in-car entertainment (ICE) market with its new Highway DAB stereos.
In partnership with Halfords, Pure has introduced the and the H260DBi. The two stereos go on sale today priced at £129 and £149 respectively aiming to shake up the in-car audio market, according to the firm.
Pure said: "The collaboration means that both brands are now well placed to capitalise on the government’s digital switchover plans – an announcement about which is expected later this year."
Both stereos come with DAB radio, something Pure is renowned for, plus regular FM and AM radio. They also have axillary inputs for smartphones and USB connectivity and the Highway H260DBi adds Bluetooth to this list.
Nick Hucker, marketing director at Pure said: "Collaborating with Halfords means our new in-car solutions are now accessible via an unrivalled number of retail outlets as well as online and we have deliberately developed versatile products with leading edge features to secure mass market appeal. This is an important step forward for the sales of in-car digital radio and will be a significant catalyst in helping digital radio switchover."
Highway H240Di: Specifications
• DAB digital, FM and AM radio
• Dedicated DAB button – one press away from hearing favourite stations in digital quality sound
• Crystal clear audio, scrolling text and station tuning by name
• Save favourite stations as pre-sets for easy access of the move
• Connection for iPod/ iPhone and USB with full music control and charging
• CD/CD-R/RW compatible
• CD/CD-ROM and MP3 CD/ USB playback with bookmarking – perfect for listening to spoken word on the commute
• Aux input
• Detachable fascia with carry case
• 4 x 45 W
Highway H260DBi: additional features:
• Customisable button lighting allows users to match Highway 260DBi to dashboard illumination
• Safely make and receive phone calls via Bluetooth using Highway’s controls and external microphone is included to ensure the best call clarity
• Support for wireless Bluetooth audio playback with A2DP controls
• 4 x 50 W