Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection

cowgirl66 08:31 04 Jul 2007

I am wanting to play the original Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection now that I have Vista. The thing is, will it play properly or is there a patch (I've looked but can't find one) or should I use the Compatability Mode, XP service pack 2?

Please don't say get the new version 2 because I don't like it nearly as much!

Regards cowgirl66

crosstrainer 12:39 04 Jul 2007

That Zoo Tycoon is on this list...but according to Microsoft no mention of Vista. Some games will run fine under Vista, some will not, I have 2 xp machines and 1 Vista for that reason.

The link may help you to decide, but the basic concept is "suck it and see" (or pray!/click here)

cowgirl66 14:05 04 Jul 2007

Thanks for that; I will install then, and suck it and see (or pray!)

Can't do much else really, thinking about it...

regards cowgirl66

crosstrainer 16:48 04 Jul 2007

Always uninstall it if it won't run....you could consider running a dual boot system (XP and Vista) for just such situations as this...if you still have your XP CD, and enough HDD space, this is not too complicated to do.

Tim1964 19:13 05 Jul 2007

My kids run Zoo Tycoon 2 on Vista with no problems.

cowgirl66 07:58 06 Jul 2007

I don't fancy giving over some space to XP; I reformatted the computer before installing Vista for just this reason. Sorry but from now on it's Vista or nothing, crosstrainer!.

As for Zoo Tycoon, I did say I don't want run that game; and it's a more modern version with different graphics etc. And it's not just the platform it's running on.. maybe the graphics card will cause problems.

Thanks for your help, cowgirl66

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017