yahoo and bing etc will not open

JohnSimmons 14:37 08 Mar 2015

When trying to open the above I get the message :This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.Create an association in the folder options in control panel. I do not know how to do this can anyone advise please. It was all working fine when I shut down yesterday Cheers John

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:21 08 Mar 2015

right click the file - select open with from the menu

select IE or any other browser you may be using

check the box always open with this program.

lotvic 15:29 08 Mar 2015

yahoo and bing are search engines, what are you clicking on? is it a shortcut to a webpage or what?

Do you mean your Browser does not open, (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Chrome) or whichever one you use.

To create a file association you rightclick on 'whatever file it is' and on the menu choose 'Open With' and then on next menu click on 'choose default program'

However I'm not sure that you can be clicking on a file as such, so maybe it is a shortcut of some sort? Please give us more details.

TechMonika 11:13 09 Mar 2015

I found that may be this is the reason that host files *C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers*etc was changed by some type of virus or spyware. May be the file contains several numbers of entries, including those that were blocked. Remove all these threats from your computer if this is the reason and all the sites are assessable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?