Writing data on DVD-R

Narayan Adhikari 12:10 04 Mar 2007

Hi there,
I have sony multi-recorder dvd re-writer drive and am writing data on philips DVD-R discs. But unfortunately almost 70/80 percent of discs are wasted as after the successful writing of data, the discs are not read on any drive. Some of the discs are read by the same sony drive but not others. I am using Nero 6 on windows xp. I have track-at-once, multi-session disabled and data-verification enabled/disabled setting in Nero.
Any suggestions as why is this happening? May be the discs are less than compatible, nero setting is poblem of my sony writer is defective?
Regards!
Narayan

Narayan Adhikari 16:55 21 Mar 2007

I didn't receive any response on this thread, that's why revoking it in the hope that I can get something!?
Narayan

Totally-braindead 16:58 21 Mar 2007

I think you got no help because you posted this in the Vista forum and you are running XP.

Two suggestions. Try burning at a slower speed and try another make of disk.

mike1967 20:54 21 Mar 2007

-R are less compatible than +R try them see if you get same problem

aveng3r_ang3l 23:47 21 Mar 2007

i dont no if you have tried this but i have had the same problem & it only happens with nero software and my sony burners. A firmware upgrade helped me. another is to try a new burning software this one is a free one i find it a little slow but it may help

CDBurnerXP Pro 3.0.116

click here

armacomroll 18:12 18 Jun 2007

does anyone know of a free dvd burner download that works with vista as my nero 6 dvd burner software is incompatable

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?