Wow I have got and I love it!

mammak 19:32 18 Oct 2007

Well I am in love I got my new Vista laptop today
everything went smoothly 4 DVDs for recovery disks OMG compared with XPs 6 Cd's I found that a shock!

I find it really easy to navigate through Windows no problems so far I just love it all,
I am off to play with my new toy people.

PS. it came with Vista Business installed which suits me as I am an IT Student.

skidzy 19:44 18 Oct 2007

Good on you Ma,have fun.

Strange it took 4 Dvd's to create the recovery discs though !
Maybe there is a lot more info in the Business version.

One of my favourites with Vista,is the Snipping tool and the sidebar..ok thats two things Lol :-)

All the best MA.

anskyber 19:44 18 Oct 2007

Welcome to the dark side of the force (!). Seriously, I'm glad you enjoy it.

aine 20:44 18 Oct 2007

I have the icon on my taskbar, on clickinng , nothing happens, could skidzy or someother genius explain to me how to use this correctly. Please aine

ventanas 21:04 18 Oct 2007

If it won't work from the tray type snipping into the search bar of the start menu, then with the right mouse button drag the shortcut to the desktop and choose copy here. When running drop down the New menu and choose the type of capture you want. It really is a useful tool.

Well done mammak. Welcome to the users of the best Windows version ever. Glad you got discs as well. They also came with both my Dell machines. Not recovery discs, but full blown DVD's of Vista.

skidzy 21:08 18 Oct 2007

first pull up a photo or document,then goto start (windows orb) and type SN this should then bring up the snipping tool and select and enter.
Or use it for taking snapshots of the desktop/webpage etc....

A little playing around with this will help you loads.click here
Excellent tutorial from Bleeping Computer click here

skidzy 21:09 18 Oct 2007

sorry didnt realise you had posted,i was looking for the tutorial for Aine and forgot to refresh.

aine 21:18 18 Oct 2007

Ventanas, thanks for your quick reply, it did not work. An error message came up, it reads "c:\user\doug\appdata\local\temp\opwqlpj4.ink" could not be saved.I have no idea what this means,Perhaps you can help Aine

aine 21:44 18 Oct 2007

Ventanas, solved the problem with your help and skidzy, the tutorials show how to set it up correctly. I had windows features "tablet pc" turned off. enabling this started it working. Cheers once again. aine

ventanas 21:51 18 Oct 2007

.ink, as far as I know relates to files created with a tablet PC, or Pantone colour files. What its got to do with this issue I don't know I'm afraid. When I use the snipper no such file is created.

skidzy 21:52 18 Oct 2007

Well done Aine.

Just for future reference,please create your own thread.That way mammak will not get your responses to your question for help in her email box.

Enjoy the Snipping Tool Aine.

Hi Ma,sorry about the mini hijack.
Though i guess its giving you something to play with now also Lol :-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?