WMP11 problems in vista..

theDarkness 04:35 07 Apr 2008

When listening to very low bitrate mp3s, eg 24 kbps radio in windows media player.. they will skip every 5 seconds! not a major problem since very few people will listen to mp3 at this quality, but its there. I found a site that stated to turn off my control panel sound enhancements, but this did no good. I eventually found that my solution was to turn off SRS WOW Effects in media player. Bizarre, but at least suggest that the problem could well be a sole issue with media player or vista rather than my sound drivers. These low bitrate files ran fine in vista providing i did not use wmp, and strangely worked in media center, although this may be because it does not use SRS WOW. Does anyone know of a cure to make WOW in media player work with low bitrate files, or will i just have to wait until MS sort it out themselves in the next update?

crosstrainer 09:50 07 Apr 2008

Which sound card / chip have you?

theDarkness 15:34 07 Apr 2008

Hi, i am using an MSI laptop with Vista. Its only a few months old, intel dual core but fairly low spec at 1.5GHz with 1 gig of ram. In the control panel it states realtek as the audio, 6.0.1.5397 version from 4/10/2007. Perhaps the driver only has issues with wmp when using its WOW fx, but thats very odd! thanks for reply

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?