Wireless routers, any problems?

Forum Editor 23:52 12 Sep 2006

I'm interested to know if anyone's had any problem with their wireless router after instaling the RC1 version?

What about WSFTP - has anyone had trouble with that not working after installation?

keja 00:19 13 Sep 2006

So far I haven't had any problems with my wireless router (Netgear DG834G), but I haven't yet managed to get my wireless print server (Netgear PS121) working.

Forum Editor 18:25 13 Sep 2006

has anyone encountered problems with that?

Newuser38 17:27 16 Sep 2006

Taken a while to respon as I have only just managed to install RC1 I could not install over Beta2 so a wipe and a clean install which seemed to take a long time.

I have Voyager 2110 one wireless machine and 2 'cable'machines to the router and everything seems to be working, even better RC1 seemed to set itself up.

I have good internet access, and have swapped docs and pictures but have not yet tried to print, but the RC1 machine sees the printer ok.

Forum Editor 18:00 16 Sep 2006

Thank you.

fitcher 19:02 18 Sep 2006

i would like to get my netgear wireless usb 2.0 WG111v2 ..working on vista ......when i tried to use vista over my windows 2000 as a double boot ,system partion .in order to see if i could use that .for vista updates . it corrupted it . as it says,, one cant upgrade .from other than xp . now i use two hard drives one with vista .a direct ethernet link probably works .but my computer is in an outbuilding to far away anyone done it ?

StuartP 10:31 22 Sep 2006

Have a Belkin pre-N, an Airport Express, iTunes 7.0 and Vista RC1. Streams music beautifully but had to manually open a port in the Windows Firewall.

sunny staines 12:29 22 Sep 2006

Using linsky wifi router, no problems, vista set it up automaticaly during install & speeds are a lot faster in vista when surfing the next.

josie mayhem 16:11 22 Sep 2006

I'm using voyager 2091, no problems installed on set up...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017