Wintv2000 wont work , cant use tvcard. Help !!!!!

stephen0205 19:21 17 May 2007

Hi guys i have vista home premium and a haupagge tv card, i installed the windows xp driver and it said missing file so reinstalled it and restarted the pc and some thing, missing file, so i went to the site and found a vista section and installed that one, and yet again missing file, any ideas guys, i need this for my live cams on click here, please help if you can

Totally-braindead 20:25 17 May 2007

Could you try again and tell us what file is missing.
I presume from what you said there is a Vista driver for it but it says the same thing?

Totally-braindead 20:29 17 May 2007

Is Win TV 2000 not a bit of software rather than an actual card?

Mike10C 20:43 17 May 2007

Hello, yes I have been through this.
Firstly go to the haupagge site and identify the correct vista drivers for your card. Hauppage have several different cards so select the correct one. If you plan to use the Windows Media Centre, it is not the same as the basic Vista driver. Mine had an MCE title.

Download it to your desktop. Print off the installation instructions as they are complex and key to success.
Uninstall any current Haupagge driver set using the uninstall programmes system in the control panel.

Next,in the new drivers there is a programe which you must use to clean out the old drivers from the registry before you can install the new ones. Make sure you do a good clean up first.

Then do the install of the new vista driver set. And hopefully it will work ok. I had to run it twice. Hopefully you will do better.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?