Windows XP upgrade to Vista ultimate BIG problem

legalrep 13:07 16 Feb 2008

I have just upgrade xp pro to vista ultimate but my DVD Drives are both not working I need help please

My drives are as follows and the message on both is below

Sony DVD-RW DW-Q28A ATA DEVICE
Sony DVD-ROM DDV1615 ATA DEVICE

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Windows did not start a related device driver. To learn more, click the Driver tab and then click Driver Details.

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

cream. 13:26 16 Feb 2008

It's a bad update from microsoft with their perfect operating system. Look in the helproom for some and click here

Welcome to microsoft vista with the WOW factor.

Will it work

Or

Won't it work.

legalrep 14:00 16 Feb 2008

do you know witch update and i'll uninstall it?

cream. 14:17 16 Feb 2008

are saying it's KB938371. Though we have 4 Vista ( WOW ) machines and all of last weeks updates went well.

legalrep 14:30 16 Feb 2008

thanks percy bit i dont have a KB938371 I guess I'll have to just uninstall 1 at a time and check if it solves the problem I know they were working after the upgrade as I did a system restore back to yesterday and everthing was fine downloaded the 42 updates last night! Why did I upgrade!

anskyber 14:42 16 Feb 2008
  legalrep 14:53 16 Feb 2008

thank you anskyber and Percy your help was very much appreciated did as anskyber suggested and its fixed, now for all the other problems! please watch further posts!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone