Windows Vista Ultimate US vertion UK Vertion

Technicsman 20:42 19 Feb 2007

Hi there, i have got the chance of a relative in the USA wasington DC who can send me a full vertion boxed copy of windows vista ultimate for 389 dollars, if she sends me this software will it load up on my windows xp pro based pc hear in the uk, or will i have a load of problems, or will it not work at all, I would love someone to clear up this problem for me as I have heard so many stories of yes it will work or no it wont work, can someone please clear this up once and for all before I spend a load of money on somthing that I cannot use, I wll be clean installing the Vista software should i get it, as I do not like upgrades, they always go wrong, CHEERS

Jimmy14 20:50 19 Feb 2007

The US version will install like the UK version except you just select the UK when it gets to the country and currency section when installing. Good luck.

Totally-braindead 23:56 19 Feb 2007

The only problems you might have is if your PC has a problem with Vista Ultimate and this would happen regardless of whether you buy in the UK or the US.
As Jimmy14 points out the 2 programs US and UK are the same, there is no difference. It will install, run and update as normal as far as I know with no problems whatsoever.
Theres a couple of other threads in the Vista Forum about the same thing if you have a look through them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?