Windows Vista Home

Griff307 11:42 07 Mar 2007

It seems Windows Defender does not include antivirus neither will it'sense'some av's installed.
I have AOL Security Suite which does include av but it appears to be one which WD does not recognise.
Anybody else with this problem?
Neither AOL nor Microsoft reply to my e-mails.I wonder why!

it took microsoft 6 days to reply to me, guess they're busy at the moment!
if you go start> control panel> security> check security status
what does it say under malware (third box down)

Kate B 12:21 07 Mar 2007

Microsoft doesn't provide antivirus software. It can't win on this front: if it were to provide AV protection it would get bleated at for being anticompetitive; if it doesn't, it gets bleated at for not doing so.

click here for some background

There are plenty of free AV solutions - AVG works fine with Vista.

Griff307 12:24 07 Mar 2007

It tells me it cannot detect antivirus. All other security OK.

My pure guess is the AOLVR (updated for Vista Home) just hasn't yet produced a program WD will accept.
Do you have any other view,please?

in currently trying kasperspy (not over impressed) the happiest vista set up i had was vista firewall win defender and avg free, dont know how good the security was but had no compatibilty problems
click here

make sure you remove all aol anti vir first

btw avg is very highly thought of, very easy to install/ remove, and free! so it may be a set up to use 'till aol iron out there security package

Rogerfredo 16:44 07 Mar 2007

AVG works well with Vista Home Premium 32.
I have used it for years with XP and had no trouble.

SteveWH 22:42 07 Mar 2007

Microsoft Windows Live One Care includes an anti virus, it has been panned in the security press which does not please me as I have a years subscription!

Griff307 15:44 30 Mar 2007

Your members have told me there is a 'compatibility mode.
Told to go to 'programs' in Control Panel but there is no choice of 'use an older program'.
Is this a feature of upgraded Viats,please/

anskyber 16:49 30 Mar 2007

To run the Program Compatibility Wizard. Start, Control Panel, Programs, Under Programs and Features click Use an Older Program With this Version of Windows Vista Then follow the instructions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?