Windows update restore points

SteveWH 21:44 10 Apr 2007

I have just installed today's package of updates I noticed that my free space on C had grown wondered why then checked restore points they had all been deleted and one new one created.

Vista Ultimate is running very well on my machine so no problem but I don't like this being done without asking me.

This seems to be the way with this OS, I like Vista but does the assumption always have to be made that we are all idiots on the one hand we have to click through endless warnings, on the other a pretty ordinary update wipes all restore points.... sigh!

Jimmy14 22:48 10 Apr 2007

I installed the updates today and although Windows Update made a new restore point, I still have all the restore points that were made in the last 5 days. If you go to system restore and select "choose another restore point" then click next, is there not any other restore points you can select apart from the windows update one today. I find this very strange.

SteveWH 23:09 10 Apr 2007

Hi Jimmy 14, it is very strange but they were definitely there before I installed the updates and now they are most definitely gone.

It was the jump in free space on my C drive that alerted me.

I don't really need them I have a full system backup plus backup of my files on an external disk.

I just like to know why these mysterious things happen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?