WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR 80245003

NANNA14 18:22 28 May 2007

Hi all.
When I go to Windows Update to search for new updates, I get these messages: "Windows could not search for new updates. Error(s) found: code 80245003 get help". When I go to Windows help and support there is no information about this error code. I have Windows set w/the recommended to automatically install new updates.
Can anyone advise or provide a solution to this problem?

madamage 19:01 28 May 2007

found this on another forum so thought i may help "I was getting an Update Error of 80245003. After digging around, I found a very helpful thread that resolve my issue immediately. It looks like I had some corruption in the update directory (or something similar). The stepts to resolve were very easy:"

Disable the Windows Update Service (Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services). Just stop the service.
Navigate to: C:/Windows/ (or whereever you Windows system is)
Find the folder named: “SoftwareDistribution”
Rename that folder to something like “SoftwareDistribution.old”
Create a new folder called “SoftwareDistribution”
Go back to your Services panel and start the Windows Update service
Rerun Windows Update

After doing those steps (which took all of 1-2 minutes), I was back up and running with WindowsUpdates.

Credits to this thread where I found the answer. Good luck!

54david27 19:44 28 May 2007

Hi, had the same problem with update, followed your instructions now all working okay, thanks

NANNA14 20:10 28 May 2007

Thanks madamage and 54david27. I will try this and post the results asap. Thanks much.

NANNA14 04:24 29 May 2007

Thanks madamage!! Your advise cleared up the problem immediately.

balendin 19:44 19 Jun 2007

i found the software distribution folder but it wouldnt give me permission to rename it. i must be in the right plce. how many folders are named that

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?