Windows Media Center

Chas49 23:16 01 Mar 2008

I thought that when you rip a music disk to the machine that it was supposed to go to the Internet and find the album cover automatically. Am I wrong 'cos mine doesn't?

tufti 23:34 01 Mar 2008

I think if you go to Tools/Privacy in Media Player you will find a box to tick to tell it to go to the internet to update information.
You have to be connected at the time for this to work though. It works for me.
Hope this helps

Chas49 00:09 02 Mar 2008

Doesn't do it for me Tufti.

In fact, Windows Media then stopped working and a box informed me that it had found a cure - a page in the knowledge base told me what to do - no effect here either - media center stops working when seeking to alter settings and the cycle starts again. No other part of the media center seems to be affected.

crosstrainer 07:16 02 Mar 2008

If you go to the settings tab then download settings check the box that says "Automatically download when connected" (needs an open internet connection) If that fails and it does sometimes, try a manual download.....Mine seems to download all WMA album art, but anything in mp3 format is ignorned (copyright protection methinks)

Chas49 11:24 02 Mar 2008

Thanks crosstrainer, I had already tried your suggestions but I think you've hit the nail on the head - I've checked and the majority of the music is in mp3 files.

Chas49 22:07 02 Mar 2008

Converted some Mp3 files to WMA - no joy with that either!

MCE2K5 03:17 03 Mar 2008

Hi Chas,

I don't have time at the moment (03:13 am), But if you bear with me for a few hours, I will show you how to add Album Cover Artwork to your mp3 collection.

Have done it myself, Just had Vista for 3 Days, Been using Windows Media Center 2005 for 5 years.

Vista does show Album Covers, It's easy when you know how.

See you later this afternoon.

David H.

PeterK. 16:13 10 Mar 2008

Here you can find how to rip a DVD in Vista and everything about Windows Vista Media Center.

Rip a DVD in Vista: click here

Media Center: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?