Windows Mail slow to open

jtt 12:29 24 Apr 2007

This is not a big problem, but Windows mail on a Core 2 Duo laptop with 1Gbyte of RAM running Vista Premium (Aero turned off) opens very slowly compared to Outlook Express on a AMD XP2000+ PC with 512Mbyte RAM running XP.

Windows Mail starts reasonably quickly, but the panes that contain email are blank for a good 10 sec, then populate, then Windows mail attempts to connect to the internet to find new mail (which is fairly quick). With Outlook Express on my old PC, the panes show email as soon as the application loads.

I wondered if anyone else sees this?

Pine Man 19:05 24 Apr 2007

I have a desktop PC with 6400 core 2 duo, 3GB RAM and 2mb broadband.

I couldn't agree more - Windows Mail is slow to load and then populate with emails. Strangely enough it seems to get a bit quicker the longer my PC is on - I think! Sometimes when it loads all the emails appear to be there almost immediately.

Definitely slower than Outlook Express with a P4 2.4 and 1GB RAM.

Dipso 21:59 24 Apr 2007

I found this too. I have now got into the habit of putting my PC into sleep mode rather than shutting it down completely and it loads much quicker that way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?