windows mail pop up

hi, i don't use windows mail, i have yahoo as my home page and get mail from there. the last few days whenever i open ie7 i get a windows mail pop up screen telling me my last session crashed. this has appeared for no particular reason i can only think of updates. i set everything to default, and have even removed the accounts it still pops up whenever i open ie7. is there a way to disable it please?
many thanks
adam

Jimmy14 18:25 15 Aug 2007

Have you tried going to Tools, Internet Options, Advanced then using the Reset option in IE7?

hi, i have set it up correctly and have turned off kaspersky anti spam, which i think was the problem as i had never configured it. seems ok now, i mean the pop ups have stopped. i just wonder why it randomly starting working like that? anyway thanks for the reply. seems ok at the mo.
adam

it is giving me the pop ups again. i just want to turn it off or disable it. the thing is i never turned it on. can i somehow cripple it?

i have downloaded thunderbird, which seems to have worked around the problem. i couldnt for the life of me work out how to turn off windows mail, as i really dont need it. that now brings my essential third party add on tally to four for basic functions that where causing problems.

argh! now thunderbird is giving me the same messages. if anybody can tell me now to stop or disable mail i would be very happy. i dont need it as i can get my mail from yahoo.
thanks
adam

the problem was ie7 not windows mail, it's not closing properly, have restored settings, i have site advisor and ie7 pro have disabled them and the messages have stopped, i should have realised as it was not doing it with firefox.

yup it was ie7 pro crash report, not mail. it didnt seem to crash i just kept getting the message for some reason all ok now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone