Windows Mail identities

Esc4p3 12:06 20 Jul 2007

The help file in Windows Mail said that identities are no more, so if you have more than one account, Mail allows you to view them on a different page. However, I have set up the 2 accounts and all mail appears in the same inbox. Other than setting up rules to put the 2 accounts into different folders (which probably won't always work) am I missing a trick on how to set this up.

Please advise, all help gratefully received.

anskyber 13:11 20 Jul 2007

When you say different accounts do you mean email accounts or Vista user accounts?

With separate Vista user accounts email should go into individual boxes. The trouble is you must set up two user accounts, delete the two email accounts and recreate them, one in each user account.

Esc4p3 14:33 20 Jul 2007

Ahh, good point, sorry….

I have a user account and my wife has a user account, and we both have 2 e-mail addresses (one for friends/family and one for newsletters/spam). In Windows ME I had different identities that kept the e-mail separate. But having set both e-mail addresses up in Windows Mail all the e-mail comes into the same inbox. Is there a way to avoid this.

Esc4p3 21:25 22 Jul 2007

~bump~
Anyone any ideas on this one please

Thanks in advance

anskyber 21:42 22 Jul 2007

It may be an option in "message rules" click here , I use Outlook so I cannot check, sorry.

anskyber 21:44 22 Jul 2007

A better explanation. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?