Windows Aero/ Display smaller than Monitor

SweetOphelia 18:25 18 Jul 2014

About a week ago, I upgraded my Windows Vista computer to a Windows 7. At first, everything was fine. Then suddenly, Aero stopped working and my display screen became smaller than the monitor size. I've tried almost everything to fix it. There are black bars on either side of the window, and I know it isn't as simple a fix as to change Screen Resolution, because the screen resolution is at it's highest, and even then it doesn't fill the screen. I noticed, that when I was in Windows Vista, I had TWO monitor displays that I could alternate between (though I never did). Now I only have one. And another thing, the Windows Update has been persistently failing to update the Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family. However, whenever I try to update the driver, it says the the driver is up to date. I've tried installing AMD because I thought the CCC would be an easy fix as that I would just have to drag the areas of the display to fit the monitor, however that feature didn't seem to appear when I installed it. Please help me. I'll provide specs if needed.

Woolwell 21:53 18 Jul 2014

Sounds as if you need to update your graphics drivers. W7 32 or 64 bit?

Does this help? Intel download center

SweetOphelia 22:30 18 Jul 2014

I actually solved my own problem. Haha, I was reluctant to go into safe mode, seeing as many people said that it didn't solve their problems. The moment I got into safe mode, Windows Update started as usual and the update actually installed! I was quite surprised.I rebooted and the whole monitor was active, which gives me one thing less to worry about. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017