Windows 8.1 wont update & download

triflesterm 13:58 18 May 2017

Hi

I haven't been able to download updates for the last 3 months.

Every time i try you see the down update bar appear as if its downloading for a split second, then it goes off and i'm just left with the downloading updates message, though it never downloads, no matter how long i leave it.

The update is only about 800mb, not sure whats preventing it from downloading, i have internet working fine.

Please Help.

Forum Editor 18:29 18 May 2017

Moved to the Windows Help forum from Tech Helproom.

Peter Ashley 19:20 18 May 2017

Hi there,

First I would try clearing the Windows cache: 1) Open a command prompt as Administrator and type 'net stop wuauserv' then press enter 2) Go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download and delete all the content within Download 3) Start the windows update service (within the command prompt 'net start wuauserv')

Update the client: click here might need to restart the machine.

You

Peter Ashley 19:21 18 May 2017

Hi there,

First I would try clearing the Windows cache: 1) Open a command prompt as Administrator and type 'net stop wuauserv' then press enter 2) Go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download and delete all the content within Download 3) Start the windows update service (within the command prompt 'net start wuauserv')

Update the client: click here might need to restart the machine.

You

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?