Windows 8.1 Update (KB2919355) keeps failing

RISC OS user 14:39 06 Aug 2014
Answered

I have tired to install this update manually but does not appear to down load. I see from the update history that is started failing on the 27 July 2014. I have run the Microsoft Safety Scanner - 1.003001.0 and it has scanned my whole system and has not found anything. I have also tried using the Command Prompt (Administrator) and entered the two line as advised on various web sites but the second command just seemed to freeze with a flashing cursor. I cannot find the reference to the information which was given, but it did not seem to work. Any help please!!!!

Windows 8.1 Update for x64-based Systems (KB2919355)

Installation date: ‎05/‎08/‎2014 11:07

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 80070002

Update type: Important

Windows 8.1 Update is a cumulative set of security updates, critical updates and updates. You must install Windows 8.1 Update to ensure that your computer can continue to receive future Windows Updates, including security updates. For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update, see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article for more information. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

More information: click here and Support: click here

Help

Secret-Squirrel 17:03 06 Aug 2014

Thanks for providing the update error code - here are some fixes you can try. Try the automated one first and then then manual one if it doesn't work.

1]: [click here

RISC OS user 21:54 06 Aug 2014

Thanks for your reply Secret Squirrel, will have a proper look tomorrow.

RISC OS user 14:05 07 Aug 2014
Answer

Thank you both for your replies. Microsoft FixIt has done the job, it took two goes but the update in question in now downloaded and installed on my Computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?