Windows 8.1 colour display

tabula 09:36 18 Mar 2014

Hi folks,

I have just got a new comp, HP pavilion, it came with windows 8 and I then upgraded to 8.1

The colour of the screen is horrendous and every time I reset it, even though that doesn't turn out the best, the next morning it has reset itself.

The display adapter is: HP Graphics 4600.

It's very annoying. Before I updated from Windows 8 to 8.1, everything was fine and it looked good. Now I can't get the bloody thing to look anyway half decent and if I get a little bit close it resets the next morning.

The graphics card says it is updated. I am using a normal TV for monitor, but remember it looked OK BEFORE I "upgraded" to 8.1.

If I disable the graphics card it reverts to some other card and looks fine, except that the resolution is stuck on 1690 - 1080 and therefore too big for my tv display.

Is there a fix for this?...it looks terrible and is really annoying.

chub_tor 16:12 19 Mar 2014

Have you been to the HP Support website Click Here where you can use their automatic detection system to discover if you have their correct driver for your graphics card with Windows 8.1? You cannot always rely on the Microsoft drivers to be correct for a specific machine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?