Windows 8 sign in screen misspelt emails address

RISC OS user 17:32 15 Oct 2013
Answered

I loaded Windows 8 and used my email address as asked and it appeared after my name and before the password request line at each boot up. I believed the Laptop was running very slowly so I carried out a clean re-install of windows 8. Stupidly I misspelt my email address this time and did not notice it until I was asked to verify that the email address was mine (I had done this successfully the first time I installed Windows 8) so I again asked for the email from Microsoft to be sent again, when it did not arrive yet again I started looking and found my error. My problem now is I cannot find a way to rectify the error. I just get more and more confused with the Microsoft help screens, I do not understand the terminology, I am sure I will end up with what I do not want. All I want is my email address spelt correctly at the sign in to Windows 8 screen, and for my Microsoft account to be accessible to me. Help Please.

rdave13 20:28 15 Oct 2013

You could create an admin account (without an email name) using the wrongly spelled email account. Log in to the non-email account then follow section 4 here. Worth reading it all really.

BRYNIT 21:28 15 Oct 2013

You may be able to change it from Settings/user your accounts.

This may help CLICK HERE

You could also try the free chat on Microsoft-Technical-Support CLICK HERE the may have the answer. (Never tried this web site before)

RISC OS user 10:19 17 Oct 2013
Answer

Thanks for the help, I changed the admin account and the misspelling disappeared and now I can sign in to my MS account.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)