Windows 8 dead end? Need help.

cypher000 21:16 14 Nov 2013

Hi Guys. Left post a few hours ago and it has disappeared. Very strange. Anyway I was given a Lenovo G580 which I cannot rig up to the internet. Do not want to rig it up to the internet. I have no software on it that is of any interest to me. But I desperately need to download a small writing program and at least one game, if there are any like Jewel or the like? I run a PC with Win XP Pro and wonder if I could connect the Lenovo to the PC with a USB cable? I have one with two identical fittings, maybe this is what they call a crossover cable? I am not sure. Could anyone do me a 'walkthrough' so that I can get this software on the Lenovo? I want to use it in bed as I have cancer and it would be a great comfort to me at bad times. Can anyone help me please? Regards Walt.

rdave13 23:16 14 Nov 2013

On your XP machine can you download the game and writing program as compressed (zip) files? Transfer to a flash drive and then take it to the Lenovo to install? Best answer I can think of and the easiest way to transfer a program to a non - internet laptop.

You'll cure it by your positive outlook.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?