windows 7 wont update error code c355

juedoc 15:20 01 Feb 2014

My windows wont update and comes up with error code c355. Also when I turn the pc off and then on it takes about 4 hours for the screen to come on. I have tried the Microsoft window fix and I get a message saying files missing or corrupt. I have a repair disc but because the pc takes so long to come on, it wont reboot. Any ideas???

rdave13 23:17 01 Feb 2014

Once you're up and running, run the command prompt in admin mode, see here. Type sfc /scannow, or copy and paste, then press enter. Go and make a cup of coffee as it can take some time. If you have errors that can't be fixed run sfc (system file checker) another couple of times.

Have you removed any virus or malware that has created this state or have you run any security software at all? It sounds as the OS is damaged.

1]: [click here

juedoc 13:48 02 Feb 2014

Thank you for your reply, I have ran sfc/scan now but it came back as windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations

northumbria61 11:22 04 Feb 2014

There is something seriously wrong with a computer that takes 4 hours for the screen to come on. I did a laptop recently for a friend which took about 30 minutes for anything to show on screen.
I would recommend that you download Seagate Sea Tools for Windows and run a check of your hard drive. This is what I did with the laptop and it produced a result showing that there was a bad sector on the Hard Drive. In his case it was a Seagate drive still under Warranty which was replaced. It may take a few hours to complete.

This Link is from Major Geeks and explains what it does Seagate Sea Tools 2nd Link from Seagate website Seagate

You can download from either site.

1]: [click here 2]: [click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone