Windows 7 wont reinstall

night 20:27 25 Sep 2013
Answered

I am wishing to reinstall Windows 7. On shutting down the computer switching on and inserting the Windows 7 disc it proceeds to load Windows.The welcome screen appears and I then wait. The screen goes black and then appears just an inch of blue appears at the top of the screen, and it wont load any further. I have to switch the power button off to resolve the matter.

The same screen problems occur if I try to use both safe mode and BIOS. If I cant run either of these how can I ever reload Windows?

Is there a tool which configures BIOS settings?

PLEASE HELP URGENTY!!!

tullie 20:43 25 Sep 2013

Are you booting from the cdrom and inserting the cd before rebooting?

cowgirl66 21:08 25 Sep 2013

I have booted from the CD and it makes no difference. It is as if the boot settings or the BIOS or whatever it is that is needed to run the set up is corrupted I am completely baffled.

I have had to reinstall windows before, and never have had this problem.

lotvic 21:47 26 Sep 2013

Check that the graphics card is seated properly on the motherboard (it may have worked loose and 'jumped up' slightly)

Check cable from the pc to the monitor and make sure each end is firmly in socket.

cowgirl66, your post is confusing - are you and night the same person?

cowgirl66 09:22 27 Sep 2013

I have checked the graphics card and it seems to be seated ok, very firmly in place. Sorry to confuse you, but because my computer is not accessible at the moment, I am using my friends laptop, and he logged initially to set up this post, which is actually about my problem,not his. I'm simply using his laptop. I have since checked the cable from PC to socket and it's plugged in properly.

cowgirl66 09:22 27 Sep 2013

I have checked the graphics card and it seems to be seated ok, very firmly in place. Sorry to confuse you, but because my computer is not accessible at the moment, I am using my friends laptop, and he logged initially to set up this post, which is actually about my problem,not his. I'm simply using his laptop. I have since checked the cable from PC to socket and it's plugged in properly.

lotvic 11:48 27 Sep 2013
Answer

cowgirl66 aka night, Best to stick to your existing thread click here

Close this one when logged in as 'night' by clicking on big grey tick at bottom of a post, then when page is refreshed it will be marked 'resolved'

night 17:23 27 Sep 2013

You are right, Iotvic, and as you can see from the existing thread, the matter has been resolved. Read about it and you will see :-(

Basically, it has meant splashing out on a new PC because the motherboard is defunct.

Thanks for your assistance,

Regards cowgirl66

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone