Windows 7 start-up problem. ADVENT DT2315, MSI

george-94 10:14 29 Jan 2015

Hi,

Basically I've been having problems with my PC for a long while now. Every time I boot the PC it shows a ADVENT screen saying I can press F8 ect ect. However when I press F8 to start Windows normally it then switches off completely and I must go do the same thing again, in which this time it loads and I can log in to Windows 7 successfully.

I have tried restoring Windows 7 and I have checked the hardware to see if that was the problem, but everything comes back clear. I have even given it to Currys PC World and they have given the hardware the all clear. I have also changed the CMOS battery.

On top of this occasionally the PC task bar will go and some error message will appear, leaving me with no option but to switch the PC off manually.

I have only had this PC two years and it cost me around £650 at the time.

Please can someone help, because PC World (the manufacturers) cannot.

Thank you in advance,

George

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:04 29 Jan 2015

r from the sayatem recovery screen Do a startup repair if nothing found then do the repair several times (5) then see if that has improved things.

dr.gami 14:15 01 Feb 2015

try a new clean install of your os but first set your bios to default

mole1944 06:04 02 Feb 2015

First and importantly save any data you have pictures/music e.t.c.,try the recovery on your system,in the ultimate a fresh install. I assume you did make recovery discs didn't you when you got the machine,if you didn't pc world will supply you with them for about £30 or so,once your machine is running ok get some clone software (Others will advise here)and do a monthly driveclone onto either another internal/external drive, then in this event happening again easy peasy to clone back to your main drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?