Windows 7 Search Bar Colour Change

EdwardMc 08:21 05 Dec 2014

I am using a Windows 7 system and I am trying to change the following settings:

I am trying to modify the box that contains the text "search programs and files" within the start menu search bar - this box only shows until you actually select the section to type in an item to search - while this currently shows as white I wish to change it as so it shows in a cyan colour.

I have tried modifying the themes however these don't appear to have had any effect on the issue - similarly going into the registry and changing the RGB values under "HCKU/Control Panel/Colours" & "HCKU/Control Panel/Desktop/Colours" doesn't seem to have had any effect.

I've included a link to a screenshot below which shows the box in white while using a "high contrast" theme.

click here any further information is required feel free to ask and I'll provide it.

Thanks.

If

lotvic 11:27 05 Dec 2014

Don't know quite how, but there might be something in this article that will help point the way: ClickHere Create a Windows 7 Theme Pack From Scratch or perhaps some link from Customize text page ClickHere

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?