Windows 7 Repair.

ol blueeyes 15:40 16 Jul 2009

Has anyone had a problem with Windows 7 repair ? It never seems to repair I've had to reinstall a couple of times.

BurrWalnut 19:21 16 Jul 2009

If you mean the Startup Repair, it's possible you don't have a startup problem.

To summarise, the repair options of Win 7 are Startup Repair, System Restore, System Image Recovery, Memory Diagnostics and Command Prompt.

Strawballs 00:58 17 Jul 2009

The only thing I can't get to work on Win7 is the screen saver but uswe the scrolling background instead.

ol blueeyes 10:32 17 Jul 2009

Actually on one occaison I was told I had a Startup problem but it still didn't work.

ambra4 06:17 27 Jul 2009

How to Run a Startup Repair in Windows 7

click here

ol blueeyes 10:45 27 Jul 2009

Thanks, but I do know how to start and perform system repair. I found that the problem always occured after Updates were Downloaded and Installed. But it seems to have settled down now. I hope that I don't get this problem in October. Also I think I had a problem with Boot Manager so I sorted that as well.

ol blueeyes 20:59 21 Aug 2009

Well this problem kept on cropping up and I reinstalled Windows 7 many times. After running Windows Start Up Repair many times even that gave up the ghost and just shut the Comouter Down. So I did what I have done on one previous occaison when I had a problem on XP>
I installed Linux run that for about a week, then installed Windows 7 and since have not had a proble.

ztronicsalien 08:10 01 Sep 2009

Majority of geeks still have not come face to face with Windows 7 and you have already started talking about its repair! Well, the problem you are suggesting could be due the hardware so please don't blame it on Windows 7 straight way. Let some expert do the job on your PC and I hope you will be sorted.

Regards,
ServicedotZtronics,
Ztronics

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires