windows 7 medion pc safe mode

mrwoowoo 03:48 10 Dec 2010

I have a new Medion PC with Windows 7.
I need to access safe mode. On boot i get the option to press f8 for boot options which gives me exactly that. A list of boot devices and nothing else.
Also, is the option to press f11 for recovery which i didn't try as i'm not sure what would happen.
Also, how do i enter the Bios menus if i need it in the future.
My Vista PC was so easy where this was concerned.

howard64 09:49 10 Dec 2010

a recovery partition puts the pc back to how it was when it was produced. All data and progs you have installed will be lost. I normally type what I want into the start menu box and click on what it offers me.

mrwoowoo 18:51 10 Dec 2010

Thanks Howard, but i still would like to know how to access safe mode.

howard64 15:12 11 Dec 2010

if it is the same as in xp you hit key F8 after the initial post but before w7 starts

BRYNIT 19:59 11 Dec 2010

Pressing F8 when the computer first starts will give the boot menu.

If as howard64 has said if you waite until the text starts scrolling down the screen you should get into safe mode.

mrwoowoo 19:33 12 Dec 2010

F8 gives the boot menu. But those are the only options ,I.E which drives to boot from and nothing else. I have managed to access safe mode vis MSCONFIG and setting safe mode in the boot tab.

BRYNIT 23:08 12 Dec 2010

It sounds like you are still pressing F8 too early. Do not press F8 when the computer first starts wait until you see the list of hards drive etc

mrwoowoo 02:26 15 Dec 2010

Thanks guys.
Thanks to you it's now sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?