windows 7 evaluation copy

theridge 12:21 25 Feb 2010

Hi my windows 7 evaluation copy is running out in the next few days does anyone know if I would have to purchase windows 7 and start from scratch or could I download windows upgrade. Alternatively is there any other way

thanks

Technocrate 12:27 25 Feb 2010

you have to purchase windows 7 and install in your system for more information and issues related to windows 7 visit click here

GaT7 15:03 25 Feb 2010

You can only install the upgrade version if you have a qualifying OS installed & activated already. These are Win2000 / XP / Vista only - see click here. The link also explains which OS can be upgraded directly, & the ones that will require a fresh isntall.

Btw, Win7 RC doesn't count as a qualifying OS.

If you're a qualifying student as well, you can get the Upgrade version at a very good price - see click here. Are you eligible click here?

'Alternatively is there any other way'

You can still continue using the Win7 (RC) evaluation copy even after it 'expires'.

That's if you don't mind rebooting every 2 hours & can put up with the nag screens/pop-ups - see click here. G

BurrWalnut 19:06 25 Feb 2010

Don’t confuse the RC version with the RTM Evaluation version!

If your Evaluation version expires soon, I suggest you reinstall it and get another 90 days use out of it. The original download is available until 31/03/2010. So if you reinstall now, you will be able to reinstall again right up until March 31st.

theridge 13:12 02 Mar 2010

thanks for all the advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?