Windows 7 Blue Screen Problem

BobW66 18:33 25 Nov 2013

My Sony 'all-in-one' PC with an I7 processor is about 2 years old and has been performing very reliably until recently. It has now started shutting down every few weeks as a result of a blue screen. I have a jpeg image of this blue screen which shows all kinds of information but does not give solutions to the problem. I have contacted Sony and MS Tech. Support but they only recommend 'Full Recovery' which I am reluctant to do in case valuable data might be corrupted or lost.

Research on the web has indicated that others have experienced this blue screen problem and one of the recommendations is to install a program called 'Whocrashed' which I have done. This analyses the details of the crash and 'dump' and has indicated that the drivers for my Logitech webcam and Nvidia 540T graphics card might be possible causes. Has anyone any other ideas or suggestions?

BRYNIT 23:24 05 Dec 2013

"I have contacted Sony and MS Tech. Support but they only recommend 'Full Recovery' which I am reluctant to do in case valuable data might be corrupted or lost"

Always create a backup of your data onto an external drive do not just keep it on your computer. Once you have backed up your data you can then do a full recovery.

Note: if you do not back up your data and your hard drive fails you will loose it.

I would suggest testing the HD as this can cause an intermittent blue screen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Comment créer un compte PayPal pour payer en ligne ?