Windows 7 Blue Screen Crash

Lord-Stubby 02:00 02 Aug 2014

Okay, so for a while now my laptop has been crashing randomly, blue screen crash error code 3b. And I mean randomly; just now I was watching a TV show online and about 30mins in, it crashed. No other programs were being run, in the foreground, other than Chrome, and there seems to be no pattern to it. T

his randomly comes and goes in regularity but there does seem to be no obvious pattern or cause. Having said that, it does only tend to crash when Chrome is being run - games and other programs have experienced 2 or 3 crashes at most in the past year. It is so random and comes and goes, which is why I'm only now posting a year in. I've run antivirus, fixer programs (Advanced System Care) and memtest for 10ish hours, but nothing is being pulled up. I'm at a complete loss, I have googled to excess but...no idea.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. My specs are, if needed; Acer Aspire V3-571G, Windows 7 64, 8gb ram, 1gbvram (nvidia 630m gforce) intel i5 2.5ghz (with boost to 3.1ghz)

If I'm missing anything, do say!

Thanks in advance!

Lord-Stubby 12:42 02 Aug 2014

Thanks for the reply!

Ran it, it gave me this;

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sat 02/08/2014 00:44:02 GMT your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\080214-26098-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: aswsnx.sys (aswSnx+0x2CAD1) Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF88001D13AD1, 0xFFFFF8800B471020, 0x0) Error: SYSTEMSERVICEEXCEPTION file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\aswsnx.sys product: avast! Antivirus company: AVAST Software description: avast! Virtualization Driver Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: aswsnx.sys (avast! Virtualization Driver, AVAST Software). Google query: AVAST Software SYSTEMSERVICEEXCEPTION

On Sat 02/08/2014 00:44:02 GMT your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: aswsnx.sys (aswSnx+0x2CAD1) Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF88001D13AD1, 0xFFFFF8800B471020, 0x0) Error: SYSTEMSERVICEEXCEPTION file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\aswsnx.sys product: avast! Antivirus company: AVAST Software description: avast! Virtualization Driver Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: aswsnx.sys (avast! Virtualization Driver, AVAST Software). Google query: AVAST Software SYSTEMSERVICEEXCEPTION

On Fri 01/08/2014 21:36:48 GMT your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\080114-26457-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: aswsnx.sys (aswSnx+0x2CAD1) Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF880044B9AD1, 0xFFFFF8800CA12020, 0x0) Error: SYSTEMSERVICEEXCEPTION file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\aswsnx.sys product: avast! Antivirus company: AVAST Software description: avast! Virtualization Driver Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: aswsnx.sys (avast! Virtualization Driver, AVAST Software). Google query: AVAST Software SYSTEMSERVICEEXCEPTION

Conclusion

3 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

aswsnx.sys (avast! Virtualization Driver, AVAST Software)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Would seem to be something to do with avast, then. A reinstall a good option, or would you need more information? I think the error codes you wanted are included there, but if it crashes again I'll post them anyway.

Cheers!

Lord-Stubby 12:45 02 Aug 2014

Having actually bothered to google what it just gave me, the soloution would seem to be choosing a different anti-virus - is this a fair conclusion? If so, what would be a recommended replacement?

Lord-Stubby 12:52 02 Aug 2014

Cheers, thanks very much! I'll give it a go and see what happens! Thanks :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?