Windows 7 Bios settings-booting from USB

468959 18:43 26 Jan 2015

My Windows 7 laptop is working correctly. It's BIOS, which I can get through F2 when booting, is configured to boot first from the CD drive, and next from the laptops hard drive. I want to know if there may be a way to change the BIOS settings so that I can boot from USB. I have created a USB windows 7 installer, and want to use it to boot a different laptop, which has only USB. I want to check if the USB installer on this laptop and will need to change BIOS settings so USB gets on the Boot sequence. I have taken photos of the BIOS screen concerned and wonder if anyone can help me

chub_tor 18:51 26 Jan 2015

The majority of BIOS are the same so this guide may help you Click Here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:59 26 Jan 2015

pressing f10 or f12 at boot may give you an boot option from which you can then choose USB.

468959 12:22 27 Jan 2015

Dear Chub_tor; Hello I have looked at the article you have suggested. I have made a screenshot of the BIOS in that article and a picture of my laptops BIOS. The latter which has windows 7, does not show any item under boot order which can be interpreted as USB. Can I show you the pictures? Thanks;

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:40 27 Jan 2015

you wil need to host the pictures on a site such as click here the copy and paste the link produce into this thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?