Windows 10/Edge and facebook issues

Kit Young 05:07 18 May 2017

My computer restarted 2 days ago. Since then my Facebook page has not been working properly. The friend request, message, notification and help buttons are missing. If I click where they are supposed to be, I get a blank drop down. The number of notifications show up but I can go to them. I can type a post, but an unable to click to post. I'm only seeing 2-3 posts, then the message "see more" but nothing comes up. Facebook works fine on my phone and laptop, so it's just my desktop computer. All other pages, emails, etc. work fine. Any idea how to fix this so my Facebook page works properly again?

Thank you.

Govan1x 06:27 18 May 2017

If you have another browser installed make that the default and it will stop using edge as the main browser.

I have internet Explorer as my default browser and get a lot of problems with Facebook on that. A quick change to Firefox as default browser sorts it out.

So basically not sure why their should be so much bother with Edge and Internet Explorer.

Probably less and less users use any of the two of them nowadays.

Jagriti Verma 08:23 18 May 2017

Step 1: Clear Browsing History and Cache:

1. Click Hub Icon on the top right on the browser
  2. Click on History Icon and select Clear all history
  3. To clear the browsing cache, click More Action Icons(...) and select Settings from the Menu
  4. Click "Choose what to clear" and select clear by selecting the required check boxes.
  5. Re-launch the browser and check it solves the issue.

Step 2:

You may run System File Checker [SFC] scan along with DISM on the computer which will replace the missing or corrupt files & check if it helps. To do so, Click Start. Type cmd, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue. Type or copy paste the below command line into it without quotes: "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" “Sfc /scannow” Reboot the system and see if the problem still persists.

Step 3:

If problem still persist, then I suggest you to add another Microsoft account by following the steps mentioned below and see if the problem persists: * Click Start, * Navigate to Settings/>Accounts/>Your Account/> Family & other users. * On the right pane click Add someone else to this PC under Other users. * If you have another Microsoft account try to use that or else follow the steps to sign-up for new and switch with new Microsoft account. * Sign-out from the old and Login with new Microsoft account. Once you're sign-in with new User Profile, then please work around and check if it helps you. Keep us posted for further assistance in this regard, we're glad to assist you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires