Windows 10 won't sleep automatically

Floydlives 07:59 14 Aug 2015

Despite altering the sleep settings my PC will not go to sleep on it's own - I have to do it manually , even then it will sometimes wake up by itself and then stay awake. Anyone else got this problem?

onthelimit1 09:42 14 Aug 2015

Not sure why it won't sleep, but the random wake up is often caused by the LAN adaptor - go to Device Manager, right click Network Adaptor, click Power Management and make sure Allow this Device to Wake Computer is unticked.

Floydlives 08:22 15 Aug 2015

It seems that outlook is the problem. With Win 7 I could leave it running and the PC would sleep but not , it appears , with Win 10. Problem solved !

Forum Editor 10:57 15 Aug 2015

I have Outlook running on my laptop, and the machine still sleeps normally since the Windows 10 upgrade.

Outlook is set to carry out an automatic send and receive every 10 minutes.

Floydlives 12:22 15 Aug 2015

It was just chance - it actually went to sleep once - but now it still won't sleep automatically despite adjusting as above

MickyT 19:26 18 Sep 2015

My Dell desktop would not sleep ever since upgrading to Win 10 . I changed all of the system components to ' not allow them to wake the computer ' , except one . My keyboard ! Not thinking it could possibly be the culprit , I left it alone . Once I changed it , it sleeps fine. My bad . Don't know what I was thinking !

Floydlives 16:35 21 Sep 2015

Fixed it! As I have read on another post it was the joystick that was waking it up. Unplug it and problem solved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?