Windows 10 Tile etc colour changed from blue

john bunyan 08:36 26 Sep 2015
Answered

On my wife's laptop, updated from windows 7 , the windows logo, if the mouse is hovered over it, changes to a sand colour, not blue as it did at first. The same applies if I "personalise" the screen, when the bloc with "1" is sand, not blue. All but one tile in the start screen, when one left clicks on the windows icon , are sand, not blue. I did try Google, and only found one reference, whose issue disappeared . I am loathe to do a clean install, as I have programmes such as Photoshop CS5 that I do not want to loose. reference was to do with the user issue. I , so far have no "Microsoft account" and wonder if that is a cause. On closing down, if an update is installed, the whole screen goes to a sand colour while updating, but on launch the blue background is normal. Any suggestions?

john bunyan 11:39 26 Sep 2015

Weirdly this only applies to one user. When I log on all is blue. My wife's log on Icon is sand coloured

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:00 26 Sep 2015
Answer

Personalisation each account can set what they like

click here

john bunyan 16:38 26 Sep 2015

*Fruit Bat /\0/*

Thanks very much. That fixed it - I was about to delete my wife's user account and create a new one. One learns something every day and folk like you are a godsend and the reason most of us came here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone