Windows 10 Recovery partial failure question

highside 10:59 16 Jun 2017

Any one been there please comment. I restored Win10 on an All In One and on a Tower successfully.

But when I followed the same procedure with my notebook and a laptop the procedure completed but gives a message that 'not all my files were removed' I repeated the recovery with same result on both machines. The intention is to clear them for resale. Thanks for looking

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:18 16 Jun 2017

Usually because the user folders have been moved to a different drive or partition.

Best to download USB boot media from MS

wipe all the drives with something that over writes them several times. (3 minimum

do a clean install from the boot media.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires