windows 10 freezes and stops working

Ray Hewes 11:19 27 May 2016
Answered

"Display Driver stopped responding and recovered Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for windows 8 stopped responding and has successfully recovered" why does it keep doing this

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:09 27 May 2016

Update your graphics drivers

Ray Hewes 00:24 28 May 2016

Thank's Fruit Bat, Should have included more info. Latest drivers from Intel installed, MB Asrock H67M-GE, i5 2400 processor, 4.00 GB ram, 32 bit OS. The Pointer also freezes for a minute and sometimes stays frozen requiring a force shutdown and restart.

Rhenop86 06:54 28 May 2016

i think you you have a cpu unit with high temperature. read this tips. click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:26 28 May 2016

FReeezing PC

1. Overheat due to faulty / blocked fans

2. PSU voltages

3. Household power surges fridge etc switching on/off

4. faulty memory stick try memtest click here virus or spyware scan for both especially if shutting down with in a few minutes of switch on or internet use

5. driver conflicts especially graphics cards get the latest drivers for your equipment

Ray Hewes 03:13 29 May 2016

Thank's all Don't think it is overheat as it occurred just after switch on now as I opened Firefox and Thunderbird, 1 min after switch on froze for 30 sec. I will check the other points

Ray Hewes 05:40 01 Jun 2016

Tried the suggestions to no avail but now I find that when I hover cursor over ENG all is well when I stay on the taskbar but when I move up into the popup window it freezes every time

Ray Hewes 01:16 06 Jun 2016
Answer

Latest on this saga is that I installed English (Australian) and uninstalled all others, solved the ENG tag problem but freezing still continued when navigating around Avira toolbox. I uninstalled Avira Security Suite that has been there since Win 7 (was updated to the latest win 10 version before the freezing)and reinstalled on top of Win 10> The freezing appears to have ceased ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?