windows 10 cortana not supported in the UK ?

cabailey19 13:41 01 Aug 2015

Hi, Last night I upgraded to windows 10. But Cortana won't work... It says it's not supported in my region. I live in the UK which according to Microsoft's website is one of the countries which supports it. Also after upgrading, my touch screen will no longer work on my laptop. (Lenovo yoga 2) Can anyone help? Thanks

tullie 15:31 01 Aug 2015

Cortana works in my area,North Yorkshire

chub_tor 16:19 01 Aug 2015

Also works down here in Devon.

cabailey19 17:08 01 Aug 2015

Hmmm strange. Is windows hello working for you? Windows hello is face recognition. As it's not working for me.

PersonWorld 19:16 01 Aug 2015

Cortana is not working here down in Ipswich(Suffolk). Says it's not supported in my region or language but everything is set to UK region and English (UK) - I have a Yoga 2 as well; the touch screen though is working as before.

rdave13 19:32 01 Aug 2015

She also replies to me in north Wales. Have you set up your microphone? Right click the sound icon, recording device, left click on the default microphone, and select the configure tab. Try a reboot after configuering the mic. correctly. Not saying it will work but worth a try.

RichardCropper 17:41 04 Aug 2015

It works on my PC but not my notebook even though language and country settings set to UK. Strange!

whaledog 15:51 05 Aug 2015

it doesn't work on my computer either and i also have a yoga 2 - perhaps this model of computer is the issue?

Esc4p3 16:54 05 Aug 2015

I can't find the article right now, but it is to do with language/region settings. You must make sure that UK English is selected in all available places in Windows 10 settings for Cortana to work. Ironically, although I've reserved my copy, I haven't been prompted to download yet....so can't try for myself!

Esc4p3 16:57 05 Aug 2015

Might have been this article I was thinking of....

click here

whaledog 17:10 05 Aug 2015

Thanks for the info, although i have everything set to UK English which is why I'm wondering if it's not to do with the Lenovo Yoga 2 as the other two people with Cortana issues on this thread also have this model

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017