Win7 reboot just after switching on

jerica 13:06 18 Aug 2013

Hi again, still not solved my reboot problem. I've got a dual OS desk top with win7 on one drive and XP on the other. After switching on the Win7 OS it runs fine for a while and then reboots itself for no apparent reason. I always get the Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown window with some info in it but nothing happens when I ask it to search for a solution. The BCCode is 124 if that is any help. If I start with XP I don't get the problem. I've searched online for answers but there are so many that I'm really at a loss now. All the drivers are up to date. Help please.

lotvic 18:06 18 Aug 2013

As that usually means a hardware issue and the only item different is the Hard Drive with W7 on it, I would run a Disk Check on that to check for bad sectors.

Also ensure all the W7 drivers are up to date as that could be the cause.

jerica 18:50 18 Aug 2013

Hi, I've done a disc check and it tells me that there is no problem but I'll try again as that makes sense.

jerica 18:50 18 Aug 2013

Hi, I've done a disc check and it tells me that there is no problem but I'll try again as that makes sense.

rdave13 20:28 18 Aug 2013

Try booting to 7 and run sfc/scannow. Might be a driver/software problem with Windows 7. Boot manager seems fine as you still get the option.

Second Option.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)