Win 8: Mail icon in control panel not working

fonkets 17:20 18 Jul 2014

Hi. I'm having problems setting up multiple profiles for outlook 2013. Having installed it on win 8.1, setting the first was easy, but when i click on the mail icon in control panel.....nothing. The icon doesn't work.

Because my version of office was purchased under the home user program, microsoft have not been of much help. Any suggests greatly appreciated.

Adam

rdave13 17:56 18 Jul 2014

I don't use outlook 2013 so I would imagine you should have a desktop icon to open it. As for mail icon in control panel I'm assuming you mean the mail app in the start page? I log in to my PC using a Microsoft account and the mail app picks this up automatically via the signing in process when logging in to my PC. I don't know how to associate Outlook 2013 with the mail app as it's done via the cloud.

Woolwell 20:22 18 Jul 2014

I don't think that you can associate Outlook with the mail app. Outlook effectively replaces the app which I suggest becomes redundant.

I'm not sure why you need multiple profiles. Is there more than one user of Outlook?

fonkets 22:53 18 Jul 2014

Hi. Yes there will be three users of outlook. Hence the multiple profiles. The mail app in the control panel is required to set up additional profiles. Only accounts can be added via Outlook.

The vendor (john lewis) of the pc couldn't fix it so they passed me on to MS. I spent 3 hours on the phone with MS on the phone with their tekky in control of my pc........... still couldn't sort. Then he just hung up and closed the connection.

Know of anyone to complain too?

Thinking I should purchase a normal copy of Office from John Lewis and then they have no excuse not to sort it themselves.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?