WIN 7 will not connect to 8.1 in network mapping

JimMcDonald 00:53 27 Dec 2014

I have this problem only with win 8.1 for several years and not with win 7 and XP. When I try to connect win 7 with win 8.1 I always get that there is a so called spelling error in the drive and the computer name. That is ridiculous and a lie.! HOW CAN I SOLVE THAT PROBLEM!! I HATE WIN 8.1. You would think by now this problem would have been cor-rected with security up-dates!!!! Win 8.1 mapping drives I have this problem only with win 8.1 for several years and not with win 7 and XP. When I try to connect win 7 with win 8.1 I always get that there is a so called spelling error in the drive and the computer name. That is ridiculous and a lie.! HOW CAN I SOLVE THAT PROBLEM!! You would think by now this problem would have been corrected with security updates!!!!

appears to be a spelling problem error code is 0x80070035 drive letters not found or recognized

Thiis has been going on for a long time. should have been corrected by security downloads. This never happened before with win 7 and xp over many years. Only when win 8 came on the scene Win 7 would not connect to 8.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:31 27 Dec 2014
  1. Give the win 8 computer a static IP address, e.g. 192.168.1.80, so it does not change.

2. to access the win 8 computer from the win 7 computer, open Windows Explorer and in the address bar type \ followed by the target computer's static address, for example,\192.168.1.80 and press enter

3. If the win 8 computer uses username / password, you will be prompted for them. Enter the username and password to log on to the win 8 computer.

4. The win 8 computer will be then added to the Win 7 computer's Network list, appearing as an IP address instead of a computer name. You can access its shared drives just as if it were listed by name instead of by number.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?