I have been using MRU Blaster for many years now on both of my XP Pro systems. I have now installed, and am testing, Windows 7 and have installed it on Win 7.
It has worked well up to now with no problems whatever. However I did a deep scan using "A squared free" and it returned an infection with "Backdoor.Genlot!IK". It is set as High Risk and when I remove the file, (mru blaster.exe) and do a new scan it comes up OK.
After reinstalling the file and repeating the scan it returns the same infection and deletes the file again. I ran the same scan on my other computer with XP installed and it came up OK.
Can anybody tell me if this might be a False Positive and should be ignored or has it got something to do with win7 itself. It seem strange that it is ok on XP but not W7. I am reluctant to use this program when a scan gives me these kind of results.