Wifi speed is inexplicably slow, other pc's unaffected, with ethernet cable fine

Xhijiru 17:53 11 May 2015

Hi! As the title explains, I have a 40k Mbit/s connection, which my father's and sister's laptop get as advertised, but my pc gets speeds that vary from 2k-15k Mbits/s. Although, when I connect to the internet via ethernet cable the speed is as advertised, around 30k-40k. So I replaced the wifi adapter usb, but that did nothing, so I ran malware tests, even though nod32 did end up removing a MyStartSearch browser malware, internet speed is still slow. My dad also reset and reconfigured the router's setting but to no avail. I'm all out of ideas at this point, what to do next? I also checked for any programs that might interfere or limit my internet speed in any way but found none. I should also mention that between malwarebytes and nod32 ive perhaps removed the same MyStartSearch malware 5 times already. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Xhijiru 18:36 11 May 2015

I've removed the startsearch malware before and after i got the rly bad internet, it doesn't really seem to be related to it tho.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?