Wifi keeps on disconnecting my drivers are up to date

nodi 07:44 24 Nov 2014

Hello

suddenly my wifi kept on disconnecting from the internet connection i tried to re-install the driver but that didn't help any suggestions people help would be much appreciated.

onthelimit1 08:41 24 Nov 2014

laptop or PC? Do you have any other devices connected by WiFi (to prove whether the fault is router or computer)?

nodi 08:46 24 Nov 2014

Its laptop I have my phone connected as well once my lap disconnects I check my phone the connection is fine.

It doesn't happen everyday though but it could happen several times a day.

xania 09:20 24 Nov 2014

I have been struggling with a similar problem myself. Downstairs laptop no problems - upstairs identical laptop (I bought them as a pair about 6 months ago) drops single at various times. Tried installing a booster - no difference. Tried replacing hub with more up-to-date version - still a problem. Tried re-installing Windows 7 - no change. Will now try swapping laptops over Xmas to see if that improves matters, but I suspect that its the different routes the signal has to travel and the walls the signal has to pass through - sometimes you may have to move the laptop to solve the problem!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:33 24 Nov 2014

Try changing the channel in the router as if a neighbor is using the same channel it could interfere with the signal

spuds 11:52 24 Nov 2014

I cannot vouch for this article, but it might be worth a read, regarding possible intrusions on your internet connection.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone